- An egg can teach you science? Place an egg in a glass of vinegar (enough so the egg is covered). Change the vinegar after the first 24 hours. Put the glass in a safe place for 7 days. Don’t mess with it, but pay attention to what is happening with the shell. In one week, carefully pour off the vinegar and rinse the egg with water. The shell is gone and you have a bounce-able, naked egg.
- You can play games with eggs? Place an egg on a spoon. Players run from point A to point B . The person that makes it to point B first, with the egg still on the spoon, wins. Egg tossing is another game. The team with last unbroken egg wins.
- The egg is a hangover cure? It doesn’t sound very appealing but it is supposed to work. Take 1 raw egg, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, some hot sauce, 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well. Voila! you have a Prairie Oyster.
- Eggs have their own day? October 11th is World Egg Day.
- Eggshells are great for your garden? After boiling eggs, don’t pour the water down the drain. Instead, let it cool; then water plants with the nutrient-filled water. Eggshells are a great addition to your garden compost because they are rich in calcium—a nutrient that helps plants.
One thought on “Speaking of eggs, did you know…”
Love it! ❤️