We all get stuck in this quagmire we call life. We are unmotivated, we don’t know what to do, we don’t know what we want, we don’t have any confidence, the world is chaotic. Here are a few ways we get stuck.
- not asking for help and get overwhelmed
- worrying and assuming the worst case scenario
- beating yourself up about past mistakes
- getting mad at yourself and everyone else when mistakes are made or unexpected circumstances arise
Are you acquainted with any of these?
In order to get unstuck, we need to accentuate the positive. We need to get an attitude adjustment. We need to learn to be grateful for all that we have and all that we can do. Try some of these methods for eliminating the negative.
- Ask yourself if this will matter in a year? 6 months? a week? tomorrow? Chances are, it won’t.
- Take a moment, slow down, take a deep breath, and find some enjoyment in the little things
- Think about another time you felt overwhelmed or lost. How did you deal with it?
- Help someone in need. This usually changes your perspective on things.
- Take some time to relax and play.