“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return” – eden ahbez
When we show acts of love and kindness to others it also makes us feel more love and kindness towards ourselves. Some small simple things, a smile, a compliment, holding open a door, saying good morning, can have a huge impact on someone including you! We get into that daily blah, blah, blah, rat race and forget that every small interaction with someone is an opportunity to have a positive impact on both of our lives.
Everyone wants to feel needed, noticed and loved whether they know it or not. A little compliment, “love your shoes”, or “cute haircut”, can make someone smile and feel good about themselves. It’s simple and quick, it can be free (up to you), and there is great return on your investment. Kindness does matter.
I propose to you, a 30 day kindness challenge. I’ll do it too. Every day engage in 1 random act of kindness (or more, if the spirit moves you). Every night before you go to bed, reflect on the kindness you gave away and maybe, the kindness you received. If you follow through with this, I promise you will feel better about yourself and life in general. Let me know what kindness you have spread.
- Hold the door for someone
- Smile at someone
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Help someone with packages
- Make dinner for a family in need
- Leave kind comments on social media
- Walk a neighbor’s dog
- Let someone go in front of you in line
- Let someone merge in front of you (with a smile on your face)
- Donate your clothes of other household type things
- Call a parent or grand parent just to talk, ask them about their youth
- Pick up litter
- Pay for the car behind you at the drive thru
- Write letters to soldiers
- Take coloring books and crayons to the children’s ward at a hospital
HOW DO WE CHANGE THE WORLD? ONE RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS AT A TIME!
Beaucoup d’amour, mes amis!